We’re hiring an Environment Designer.
Hovercraft Portland is looking for a environment designer to create progressive projects for a variety of industries including product, retail, fashion, technology and hospitality. Our work ranges from boutique fixtures to restaurants to comprehensive retail stores and inventive interactive installations. We’re looking for a self-driven person with a strong conceptual approach, able to work independently and collaboratively to deliver against a vision from start to finish in a deadline-driven setting.
You will have ample creative freedom and hands-on experience working with people at every level in both Portland & Denver offices. We expect high level creative output backed by curiosity and strong work ethic. If you’re hell bent on being the best at your craft, send resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong conceptual thinker with ability to take an idea and execute in the real world
- Design from initial concept through design documentation level delivery
- Understanding of construction methodologies and fabrication with ability to review shop drawings is a huge plus
- Occasional on-site management of during project install. Ability to effectively communicate creative vision is a must
- This position will report to an Art Director and Creative Director
- Diverse portfolio with at least 3 years of experience in architecture, retail or a multi-disciplinary studio setting
- Bachelors or Masters in Architecture. Degrees in other fields may also be considered with the right experience
- Proficient in the use of Autocad, Sketchup, Revit and other 3D software and rendering engines are a plus
- General proficiencies in Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Google Drive (docs, sheets, etc), Slack, Harvest and Apple OS system & software
- Interest and knowledge of art, architecture, and technology, as well as other creative industries
What We Provice
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits: Health / Vision / Dental
- 401k with annual match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Supportive, upbeat, small team environment
- Project specific and inter-office travel
- Pet friendly office
Experience design for the modern consumer.
Hovercraft is a multidisciplinary creative studio with offices in Denver and Portland. We produce environments and progressive interactive experiences for some of the most recognized brands in the world. Our specialized environment and interactive teams are supported by an internal brand design & content studio that creates everything from campaign systems, UI elements to packaging and motion graphics. We keep it fun, love to hustle and are here to prove something.Apply